Chiropractic Care for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
If you've been suffering from chronic muscle pain, you might be suffering from myofascial pain syndrome (MPS). According to a 2010 study, over 85% of people will experience myofascial pain syndrome at some point in their life. At California Chiropractic, we know just how painful MPS can be. That's why we offer chiropractic care to help residents of Los Angeles, Simi Valley, and Chatsworth find natural relief from myofascial pain syndrome without any medications or invasive procedures.
What Is Myofascial Pain?
To understand what MPS is, you have to understand why it occurs. Muscles can develop trigger points which are sensitive areas of tight muscle fibers. These trigger points can cause pain and discomfort throughout the muscle. Myofascial pain syndrome occurs when this pain persists or worsens within a few days. We often see patients suffering from MPS due to:
- Muscle injuries, such as tears
- Muscle overuse
- Excessive stress and anxiety
- Inactivity such as when an arm is in a sling or in a cast
- Repetitive motions, such as in labor-intensive jobs
Symptoms of Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Common Symptoms of MPS often include:
- Knots that cause the muscles to be tender and sore
- Muscle tension
- Trouble sleeping due to muscle pain
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
At California Chiropractic, our chiropractor will conduct a comprehensive physical exam and assess your medical history to determine whether or not you're suffering from myofascial muscle pain. Imaging tests like x-rays or MRI scans may be required for a thorough diagnosis. From there, we can create a treatment plan that's personalized for your unique needs. If you're currently living with MPS, some of the treatments we offer include:
- Massage therapy to encourage blood flow, reduce inflammation, and help stretch out tight trigger points
- Physical therapy to improve muscle mobility and strengthen injured muscles
- Myofascial release therapy to reduce pain and alleviate tension in the affected muscles
- Lifestyle advice to help prevent MPS from reoccurring
Everyone is different, and only a trained chiropractor will be able to provide treatment and adjustments to treat your specific pain and discomfort.
Contact Us for Muscle Pain Relief from Our Chatsworth Chiropractor
If you're one of the many residents in Los Angeles, Simi Valley, or Chatsworth suffering from myofascial pain syndrome, our professional staff is ready to help. At California Chiropractic, we help patients naturally alleviate their muscle pain and prevent it from reoccurring. Reach out to us today by calling (818) 686-5983 to schedule your first consultation or to learn more about how we can help.